Well, Christmas has passed again. I worked like crazy make it beautiful; the brunch and dinner turned out well, and the kids loved their presents. Little A is especially fond of a huge stuffed Baymax her grandma gave her, and M got books and Legos, so she’s happy. Best of all was the addition of our new kitten, Jiji, to our family; everyone loves him. We got to see lots of good friends, too.
Now I’m sitting here looking at all stuff I need to take down. Another year over. Every year I set goals, and as usual, set the bar too high. It’s been a rough year, financially and health-wise. I didn’t lose as much weight or write as much as I wanted. I was feeling down about it, so I decided to list the things I did accomplish:
- I was a good mom. My girls are happy, healthy and enjoying life. If I accomplished nothing else, this is by far the most important.
- I read a ton of books.
- I did write, even if I didn’t publish much. (Honestly, I was struggling to submit, so it’s not a surprise. Depression/medication was a huge factor, and one that I hopefully have under control)
- I taught myself new skills, like canning, making jelly, and new crafts.
- With my parents’ help, we built huge vegetable beds and a new rose garden in the yard, which will be a delight next year.
- We got a new family pet.
- I’m more social than I’ve ever been. I’ve never had a year with so many busy weekends, and made a lot of new friends.
- I’ve been better organized and better focused with my house and my job.
Usually, I’d add some new goals here, but I’m not going to. I’m going to do the best I can, and try to accept that for what it is.